This half-day workshop will focus on completing and reviewing elevation certificates, which provide elevation information necessary to ensure compliance with community floodplain ordinances; to determine the proper insurance premium rate; and to support a request for a Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) to remove a building from a Special Flood Hazard Area.
Audience: Land surveyors, engineers, and floodplain administrators.
Topics to be covered:
• Role of Surveyors and Engineers in Completing Elevation Certificates
• Overview of Floodplain Management Concepts, Terms and Mapping
• Base Flood Elevation (BFE) Determination
• Data Resources
• Letter of Map Changes (LOMCs)
• Building Diagrams
• Role of Local Floodplain Administrators
Matthew Buddie, FEMA Region VIII – Denver, CO
Note: Continuing Education Credits will be your responsibility. Attendance can be verified by any of participating FEMA/CWCB staff.
Contacts: Stephanie DiBetitto email@example.com
Matrix Design Group 2435 Research Pkwy #300, Colorado Springs, CO